113 young designers from 18 different countries entered this year’s Kids Design Award of Kind + Jugend. The competition sought outstanding concepts and designs for baby and children’s furniture and items that are inventive and futuristic in terms of their function and design, but which are not yet ready for sale on the retail market. An expert jury has now selected ten convincing designs from among the entries and will elect the winner of the Kids Design Award 2017 from these nominees. The award ceremony takes place on September 14 at Hall 10.1. All ten product ideas will be presented to the international public on the Kids Design Award area in Hall 11.1. of Kind + Jugend.
The nominees for the KIDS DESIGN AWARD 2017 at a glance.
- Natalia Campos (Uruguay)
- Valentin Dragomirescu (Germany), Shai Keren (Israel) as well as Nayoung Kim (South Korea)
- Yujing Du (China)
- Viktoria Hagelberg (Germany)
- Hannah Neuß and Susanne Schlenther (Germany)
- Victoria Palm and Tom Witschel (Germany)
- Annette Payr (Germany)
- Jeannine Szepanski (Germany)
- Tobias Thomas (Germany)
- Miyuki Uchida and Teppei Takahashi (Japan)