Help both mom and baby feel their best with natural, organic and feel-good items in Health & Wellness. Namaste.
Health & Wellness continues to be a huge on-trend category within every industry, but especially when it comes to juvenile. More than ever, moms are looking for health and balance not just in their baby’s lives but in their own lives as well. Their search offers retailers a golden opportunity to find and sell unique products that revitalize as well as healthier alternatives to market mainstreams.
1. Pregnant moms-to-be can cherish their special journey with Pearhead’s (718/422-0592 or wholesale.pearhead.com) Belly Casting Kit. This non-toxic, 100 percent baby safe kit includes everything needed to make a mold with easy fourstep instructions. Friends can sign or decorate the finished piece at a baby shower. Wholesale $12.48/Retail $24.95
2. Babyganics (800/378-7803 or babyganics.com) offers Natural Wool Dryer Balls made of 100 percent American wool that softens fabrics, reduces static and speeds drying time up to 25 percent. They are reusable up to 1,000 loads and a biodegradable alternative to traditional fabric softeners. Free from chemicals, PVC, fragrances or dyes. Suggested Retail $24.99
3. The new Baby and Active Stick Natural Mineral Sunscreens SPF 30 are lightweight with chamomile that calms and soothes baby’s soft skin. It has eco-friendly Non- Nano Mineral Zinc Oxide along with antioxidant- rich Vitamins C and E. All DERMA E (800/521-3342 or dermae.com) sun care products are reef safe, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free.
4. Expecting moms don’t choose between back and belly support with the Bump & Back Support Pillow from Boppy (720/746-3829 or boppyretailerlink.com). The compact design features a unique pillow contour with stretch panel for growing bellies. Great for travel, it has a removable jersey cotton slipcover. Retail $29.99
5. The AC417 Baby Movement Monitor from Angelcare (877/281-8827 or angelcarebaby.com) has a 4.3-inch touchscreen display with video and audio. A wireless movement sensor pad for activity tracking is ideal for newborns or babies who are starting to explore. Use without the sensor pad for early toddler years. Retail $249.99
6. Clear Ear (877/737-9177 or http://making.business) Oto-Tip is a daily ear cleaning device with a patented spiralspin technology that offers a safe, simple method to clean ears daily and remove ear wax without the risk of damage to the ear canal or ear drums. Safe for ages 3 and older.
7. Natural products from Hip Peas (800/401-8939 or hip-peas.com) includes Baby Bubble Bath, Baby Body Wash and and The Detangler for kids’ hair. All products are free from harmful chemicals and irritants such as parabens, phthalates, and petrochemicals. Plus, 10 percent of profits go to child-focused charities, such as Living Water and Compassion.
8. A new and improved Infant Tub from 4moms (412/434-8380 or 4moms.com) features a built-in, color-coded thermometer to ensure water is safe and comfortable. There is also a fresh-water feature so fresh water can flow in while dirty water drains out. It fits both single and double sinks. SRP $59.99
9. The new PRIMO (973/926-5900 or primobaby.com) LapBaby is a comfortable seating aid designed to safely hold baby on one’s lap while leaving both hands free. Suitable for 3 months and older. It’s lightweight and portable, includes a carrying case and is machine washable. Wholesale $17.99/Suggested Retail $34.99
10. From Molly With Love (frommollywithlove.com/wholesale) Heart Chakra Spray is aromatherapy essential oil spray that helps open, balance and expand the energy in your Heart Chakra (Chakra No. 4). Use it for chakra healing, chakra balancing, meditation and spiritual awareness. Made of 100 percent pure therapeutic- grade essential oils as well as natural, organic and vegan ingredients.
11. Comotomo’s (comotomo.com) baby bottles mimic natural breastfeeding with soft Silicone nipples that are ideal for babies transitioning from nursing to bottle-feeding. Babies love the skin-like, soft and squeezable body, and parents love the wide-neck design for brushless, stress-free cleaning. These BPA-free bottles are equipped with vents to prevent colic and eliminate leaks.
12. Roshambo Sunglasses (roshambobaby.com) are virtually indestructible, bendable and chewable baby and kids sunglasses with and matching adult shades.
13. The MAM baby (914/517-2766 or mambabyb2b.com) Learn to Brush Set includes two brushes: one with a long handle for baby and parent to brush together, and one with a short and compact handle for independent brushing. Red bristles indicate the proper amount of toothpaste to use.
14. Back Buddy (734/231-1600 or back-buddy.com), a recipient of the prestigious Mom’s Choice Award, is made of foam that is certified free from harmful PBDE flame retardants, CFC’s, phthalates, formaldehyde, mercury, lead, and other heavy metals. Designed by a chiropractor and a nursing mother, it’s manufactured in the USA.